As the ocean of affiliate marketing continues to attract individuals worldwide because of the earning potential. There are important steps to take to ensure a successful outcome. I would like to show you how I made affiliate marketing work for me.
It is outlined in the content below so please keep reading. This outline might seem like simple information but the thing is this. If you don’t implement them then your other efforts will not work.
For those who do not take these steps, figuring out how to make affiliate marketing work, is like to trying to figure out how to climb a mountain safely. Every time you think you’ve got it figured out, somehow things just don’t match up. So let’s take a look at things you can do to make affiliate marketing work for you.
Simple Steps to be Successful
1) Set realistic goals and expectations.
A real killer for most people just starting out online is the lack of clear and obtainable goals. All too often individuals find themselves in a quandary over what to do once they realize, they won’t become millionaires overnight. Develop a list of goals that start with small achievable steps leading to the overall desired outcome. There is only one way to get to the top and that is one step at a time.
2) Accept the fact that it will take hard work and dedication.
Due to the fact that we live in a microwave society, many people have come to associate making money online with instant results. Remember the time when there was no remote control for the television? You used to have to walk over to the thing and manually change the channel, every time you wanted to view a different program.
Now you can pick up a remote and click to your heart’s content until you find something you want to watch. Before there were microwaves you had to actually wait for your food to heat up on the stove or in the oven.
Now you can pop your dish into a microwave hit a couple of buttons and in one to two minutes, dinner is served. Friends, as much as I hate to break it to you. Making money online doesn’t work like that. If you want to figure out how to make affiliate marketing work then it’s going to cost you a little time to learn. Once you are willing to learn then you can apply, and once you start to apply, you will see results.
3) Invest in your education.
Investing in your education does not mean buy every eBook you can get your hands on. That will only send you broke. Instead, work hard at not only taking in knowledge but work hard at understanding the various components that make up the whole spectrum of affiliate marketing.
4) I have said this before and I am going to say it again.
What I do is subscribe to many websites that will give me free information for my e-mail address. Yes, you will receive lots of e-mails but there is always the unsubscribe button if what you have subscribed for is not what you thought it may be.
Here are some websites where you can receive good free information from:
I am still subscribed to many of these websites that give out free information as the information they have given me has made me a more successful affiliate marketer. I subscribe to the top influencer blogs as the information they give out for free is phenomenal. For Instance: Here is Neil Patel’s blog. I also subscribe to his push notifications.
5) It is highly recommended that you join an affiliate marketing training program. Find one that is going to teach you, step-by-step, all of the things you need to know. The majority of them do cost money but you will find it is well worth the cost. I started my affiliate marketing journey by joining an internet marketing training program.
Here is one training program I highly recommend: Wealthy Affiliate
This is the exact same website training program that I used to learn everything I know today.
Write Great Content
Related post…Mistakes to avoid in affiliate marketing
First of all, write a fantastic post that even your competitors would be proud of and make it a long post. Only 500 words are not going to do you any good. The best length for blog posts is 1500 words and above.
Try 1500 words or more and you’ll see immediate improvement in your rankings. I have written posts that are anything from 1000 to 4000 words and that works out fine.
However, the more information you give to your reader, the more love you are going to get from Google.
Make your paragraphs short. Make your sentences short. Make the important parts of your post bold.
Use H1 tag for the main title, H2, and H3 for paragraph titles and important parts of the post. Make sure your grammar and spelling are OK.
Install Grammarly (especially if English is not your first language).
If you are struggling to write 1500 words look to other blog posts in the same niche for inspiration. The thing is here is not to copy their content but to give you a lift on subjects that you want to write about. You may be writing your content then go to another blog for inspiration then think “wow I never thought of that” then you can write about it in your own words.
Once you begin to get more confident in your writing you may find that traffic will come to your website for inspiration. The good thing about this is as long as they are not a spammy website they may even link to your post to give their readers more information and content. This is known as a backlink which Google and other search engines love. The more quality backlinks your website receives the better you will rank in the search engines.
How I Made Affiliate Marketing Work for Me – The Trick is I Make My Posts SEO Friendly
1. Chose Your Keyword. Add a few keywords but do not keyword stuff. Your keywords and keyword phrases have to flow with your content.
2. Try not to write a boring headline (title) give someone a reason to click on your link. Try a catchy headline that you yourself would click on.
3. Include the Keyword in the Headline. (title)
4. Write a Good Meta Description. And include your keywords.
5. Add Your Keyword in Meta Description. This is the section below your headline that shows up in search engines.
6. Shorten Your Perma-link to just the domain and the keyword. See this video for an example of how to do this.
7. MENTION YOUR KEYWORD IN:
a) In the First H1 Title
b) The First Paragraph
c) The Last Paragraph
d) If you need to mention it more, just make sure it doesn’t sound like you are keyword stuffing. Let your keywords and keyword phrases flow with your content.
8. Interlink your post with other relevant posts on your site. If you have other posts that are related to the same topic include them in your post.
9. Link your post to bigger authority sites.
10. Add Images that relate to your content.
11. Write ALT descriptions of what your images are about. This is the description for the visually impaired and not only it is good for your post’s SEO but it’s the decent thing to do.
13. Make Sure Your Website/Post is Mobile Friendly. Go here to check if your website is mobile friendly.
14. Request Comments (comments count as content) Ask your readers to comment on your post.
15. Answer ALL Comments and include relevant links in your answers.
16. Add a sub-header before your content reaches 300 words. This is good for SEO and reading ability. You don’t want your article to look like an essay. You want it to be readable for your readers.
17. Try to make sure your sentences are no longer than 20 words without a full stop. This is for readability for your readers.
This is certainly one of the main keys to becoming a successful affiliate marketer. Knowing the industry tools of the trade and continuously educating yourself on what works will ensure your earnings. It is always wise to invest in your education, in both time and money. Remember being an affiliate marketer is a great way to earn money to be professional and treat as a profession.
Perfection is achieved by repeatedly exercising the skills learned. Learning takes time and practice so be patient and you need to know that you will see clear results as time goes by. Getting the traffic you want to generate can sometimes take weeks and months.
3.The Right Products
If you do not believe in a product or do not find it interesting then chances are you will not be able to sell it convincingly. This will certainly cause frustration and you will not realize the earnings you seek. Familiarize yourself with the products you want to sell and ensure that you understand its benefits so that you can market it effectively.
This is a crucial aspect of a successful affiliate marketing campaign and should never be overlooked. You must ensure that your content is engaging, interesting, and motivates readers to take action. This is relatively easy to do if you followed the previous step but if you are not confident in your writing skills then outsource it to a freelance writer. This is an especially good option if you have multiple campaigns you are working on.
5. Traffic is essential
Always ensure that you make the most of the multiple tools out there to drive traffic to your affiliate sites. If you are a newbie then do not stick to only one method. Test the market and see what works best for you. Remember the key is to drive traffic to your site so research your options and stick to the one that has the most success. Article marketing, SEO, PPC, and forum promotion are all extremely useful for generating traffic.
Always continue to repeat what has worked for you. It doesn’t matter what the earning are just continue to repeat your formula with more products and increase your income that way. This is one of the best ways to earn income as an affiliate, and how most people begin. Start small and repeat.
Not enough concentration is placed on this very important aspect of affiliate marketing. If you have been successful in driving traffic to your website then you need to analyze your data. Keep abreast of who is visiting your site, where they are coming from, how long they stay, and more. This will minimize the chances of a failed campaign and loss of earnings.
I hope you enjoyed this article on “How I made affiliate marketing work for me” If you have any questions please feel free to contact me in the comments section below or in the contact form below.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: