Welcome to my article on How to Create a Contents Page That Is Share-worthy
It’s not particularly difficult to create content that is share-worthy, but it does take a little bit of extra thought and effort. There are ten psychological factors you can use to ensure your content is as share-worthy as possible. So let’s take a look at these ten factors of how to create a contents page that is share-worthy.
When I say share-worthy I mean that your content is so unique that it will go viral by being shared over and over again.
1. People Share Positive Content
Turn on the news. Most of the time all you see is sadness, pain, death, destruction, and other negative things. Our brains are absolutely slammed with horror day after day. You may think these shocking and horrific stories are the ones that get shared most often, but you’d be wrong.
The fact is, people are much more likely to share positive content than they are the bad stuff. If you really pay attention to the kind of content people share, it’s almost always positive, upbeat, heartwarming stories that really make people feel good. This is the kind of content people want to share with their friends. They don’t want to shock and horrify their friends. They want to bring them joy. So always remember that positive content is share-worthy content.
2. People Share Emotional Content
Emotion is one of the most powerful motivators imaginable. Any type of emotion makes a difference. Positive emotions, as we saw in #1, are more powerful than negative, but all emotions can inspire sharing.
Keep these emotions in mind as you create your content:
• Laughter … Comedy is a powerful thing for viral content.
• Shock… Shocking content is typically very share-worthy.
• Embarrassment …Yes, people will share embarrassing content, but especially so if it’s embarrassing to other people.
• Hope … Hope is something everyone needs more of, and they will gladly share content that makes them feel hopeful.
• Warmth … Heartwarming content is definitely share-worthy. Stories that warm the heart are shared amazingly often.
• Anger … Anger can definitely inspire people to share. If you can outrage someone, they are quite likely to share.
3. People Share Useful Content
Related post…Viral marketing trends
Useful content is easy to find, but unique useful content is not. You can find a thousand different recipes for a particular dish, perhaps ten thousand or a hundred thousand or more. But finding that same recipe made with leftovers, or made with super cheap ingredients, or made on a grill instead of in an oven, or with any other unique and useful spin well, that makes it share-worthy.
Create content that helps people solve a problem, preferably in a unique way. Think of the biggest problem your target market faces, and then create viral content that helps them solve it. Bingo! Instant share worthiness.
4. People Share Entertaining Content
People love entertaining their friends. That’s why joke books have been great sellers for years. It’s why jokes are some of the most shared and emailed content. And it’s why class clowns always seem so popular. Have you seen those funny cat videos that make the rounds? How about those hilarious Superbowl commercials that go viral overnight? If your content is funny genuinely funny people will share it.
Just remember that funny content won’t necessarily be appropriate for every situation. If you’re selling burial plots avoid comedy. Seriously. That would be really tasteless.
5. People Share Politics & Religion
People love to share content that agrees with their views on politics, religion, etc. Most people don’t even care if they offend their family and friends. They want to share their viewpoint, and hopefully try to change some minds to their side in the process. Just be careful using this kind of content, because it could backfire.
6. People Share Content That Makes People Think
Philosophical content that is content that really makes people stop and ponder can go viral really quickly. Simply because it’s not the same old mindless stuff you see online every day. It’s not easy to come up with unique stuff that makes people think, but if you can accomplish it, you can definitely gain an audience quickly.
7. People Share Unique Content
Unique content is a rarity these days. The internet is absolutely packed to the rafters with all types of content, so creating something truly unique is a challenge in itself.
Of course, if you can pull it off, unique content will be something that will go viral very rapidly, especially if it’s powerful and compelling in some way. Useful? Funny? Emotional? Just be as unique as possible, and you’ll increase your viral factor by leaps and bounds. Remember, people love to be the first of their friends to share something new and exciting. So the newer and more unique it is, the faster it will spread.
8. People Share Shocking Content
You’ve probably seen a little risky content being shared amongst your friends and family, haven’t you? Maybe you’ve even shared some yourself. You know the kind of content that makes people blush and giggle and maybe even speak in hushed tones, lest someone hear. It’s a rush for most people to see and share content that might shock their friends. It’s also exciting to view it, especially when we think we shouldn’t.
Just remember that like political and religious content, it could backfire. If your audience is more conservative, you should probably shy away from this type of stuff.
9. Content Must Reach Critical Mass
In order for content to go viral in the biggest possible way, it must reach critical mass. Unfortunately, viral marketing is really an all-or-nothing game. Unless your content takes off quickly, it probably never will.
There are exceptions to this, of course. There are exceptions to nearly everything. But exceptions to this are few and far between. If you want your content to go viral in a big way, it’s important for you to push it hard. It must reach critical mass, meaning it must be shared by enough people to push it globally very quickly, or it will just fizzle and never get anywhere.
10. People Share Incentivized Content
No, you don’t have to pay people cash to share your content, although that certainly could help if you wanted to do it. But you must offer some sort of valid, compelling incentive to get people to share it. Bribe them, beg them, whatever you have to do. Just get them sharing your content.
Creating Compelling Content
Okay, now that you know how to create content people will share, it’s time to figure out exactly how to create compelling content that makes people want to share it just because it’s so amazing.
First, think about what people typically share:
• They share stuff that they think their friends and family will enjoy.
• They share stuff they think will get them positive attention.
• They share stuff that makes them feel good to share.
• They share stuff that makes them feel helpful.
• They share stuff that makes them excited in some way.
• They share stuff they think will make them more popular.
Spend some time brainstorming about your niche. Think about what kind of content would really appeal to your audience, and what they might be most likely to share. Make a list of those things, and then try to choose a few of the most compelling to focus on.
Remember, if you can solve some kind of problem in your niche, people will naturally want to share your content. There are some questions you need to ask yourself as you are brainstorming that will help you figure out exactly what people are looking for.
Let’s take a look at those questions
1. What kind of content does your audience really want? Check out sites like ClickBank and Amazon to see what people are currently buying, because chances are, this is what they’re looking for.
2. What content format does your audience prefer? Different audiences respond better to different types of content. Some prefer text. Others prefer audio. Some respond best to video.
Some even like infographics or other types of images. Be sure you’re creating content in the right format for your audience.
3. What type of topics do people tend to get excited by? You want to create content that is really going to get people thinking, talking, and even arguing. You want people engaged with your content, not just looking at it.
4. What type of topics are incredible? Anytime content creates a strong emotional reaction, especially one that causes people to feel compelled to share their opinion, it causes the type of ongoing effect that gets content noticed.
5. What topics would your audience find funny? You can even find ways to make the most serious topics funny.
6. What topics would your audience find uplifting? Remember, people really prefer positive stories. Success stories are one great way to do this.
7. Everyone has some kind of a unique selling point that makes that person different from everyone else in a niche. Maybe it isn’t really unique to you, but instead, you just happen to be the only one focusing on it. But uniqueness is important!
Incentivizing Your Content
It’s very important to incentivize sharing unless you have extremely unique and compelling content that people will share rapidly with no incentive whatsoever.
Such content is extremely rare, thus incentives are key to almost every viral campaign. Think about the viral campaigns you’ve seen lately. Many of them require sharing in order to enter a contest or get a discount of some sort, right? That’s because incentivizing content works.
Let’s take a look at what makes a great incentive
1. It must be something your audience really wants. Obviously, if they aren’t excited about the incentive, it won’t be useful. People only want to share so many things in a day. Make sure it’s yours! It could be a report or ebook, a video, access to a membership site, a useful template, a piece of software, a valuable coupon, or some other killer incentive. If it is something your prospect might be willing to pay for, it’s even better.
2. It must be easy to deliver. If your campaign really takes off, it could cost you countless hours of your time if you have to deliver your incentive manually. You need some kind of incentive that costs you little to nothing to deliver and takes little to no time.
3. The incentive must be valuable and unique. People aren’t going to share your content just to get some free report they’ve seen on countless other websites.
4. The incentive should benefit you in other ways. For example, your incentive should ideally also serve as a pre-selling tool or a lead generator. You’ll be doubling the incentive’s effectiveness if it not only serves to encourage sharing but also helps sell your product or generate leads for your business.
Kick Start the Virus
Now it’s time to get people sharing this killer viral content you’ve created. You’ve engineered your killer virus, now it’s time to unleash it on the world and make it spread like wildfire.
There are a couple of quick and easy ways to do this:
1. Get your offer in front of as many people as possible and FAST. The faster you get your content in front of a large number of eyeballs, the faster you reach critical mass and really send your content viral. Post it EVERYWHERE! Post it on your blog. Email your subscribers. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. Buy ad space. Post videos. Visit forums. Anything you can do to get it out there fast will help! The faster it reaches critical mass, the faster your content will explode virally.
2. Understand how viral campaigns work psychologically. There are two triggers that are at play here. First, the law of reciprocity is the fact that when someone does something for you or gives you something, you should then do something for them. Your incentive will naturally make people feel they must reciprocate by sharing. Second, the “get your foot in the door” principle means you introduce them to your free content, which will lead to your paid content later.
Putting Viral Campaigns on Autopilot
All right, you’ve created the killer share-worthy content, you’ve made sure it’s compelling, and you’ve put your campaign in motion. Now it’s time to put the whole thing on virtual autopilot.
Here’s how it works:
1. People arrive on your landing page and they’ll see a popup bar on the page. Create a free popup bar here. When they click it, they will see your offer. This is where you will tell them that if they share your content, they can get your killer incentive.
2. Once they share your content, the incentive will be unlocked automatically. They will receive their incentive immediately.
It’s really that simple! No more delivering incentives manually. No more wasting countless hours at this pointless task. No more angry people who have to wait too long to get their item.
Here’s how to do it
Create a Google Account.
Create Google Drive and open Doc.
Write out your killer incentive content or choose the one you already own. You could also use someone else’s product or service for your incentive bonus.
Watch the video at www.optimizepress.com/how-to-create-deliver-free-digital-downloads for a more detailed guide.
Create a Landing page. This can be done by opening a free Wix website.
Here is the one I made using the free Wix website…Go Here.
Clone the Landing page and make a Thank You page. Just change the words. Ideally, you will want your logo on these 2 pages.
Store your digital file online.
WordPress image library
Copy the file location of the download.
Link the digital file to your download page.
Choose any of the delivery methods below.
1. Direct to download
2. Thank You page with follow up email
3. Thank You page with the link to download & follow up email
Write follow up email & create autoresponder (optional)
Viral traffic may be elusive, but it doesn’t have to remain hidden in the shadows forever! You have a far greater chance of finding it now that you know some of the secrets.
Remember this if you want to create an awesome viral campaign that is sure to pull in massive traffic:
Create content that is truly worth sharing. If you miss the mark on this one, you fail period. Without content that is interesting enough or valuable enough to make people want to share it, any viral campaign will fizzle.
Bribe your visitors to share your content. Make sure you come up with some sort of bribe that will encourage your visitors to share your content and make it so enticing they can’t resist sharing. In order to greatly magnify the usefulness of this bribe, be sure it’s some sort of pre-selling tool or lead generator.
I hope you found “How to create a content page that is share-worthy” helpful. Make sure you have the pop-up bar on your website so as to give visitors the chance to click through to your incentive.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me either in the comments area or contact form.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.