Welcome to my Shopkick Review
I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my review and using your due diligence to research into any kind of program like this that claims you can earn points for shopping.
I am an online review and article writer who wants to help you avoid get-rich-quick scams and find genuine money making methods that actually work.
I am here to assure you I have nothing to do with or I am not affiliated with this product.
This is an independent review with my honest and open opinion. I have nothing to gain by writing this review.
I would also like to inform my readers as to whether or not Shopkick is a legit paid-to-site that is worth joining.
And if it worth your time and effort.
Website: Shopkick Website
Price: Free to download the app and purchase online
Who is it for: People who love to shop
Product Type: GPT – To Earn Gift Cards
Shopkick Review – What is Shopkick?
Based in Redwood City, California, Shopkick was founded in 2009 and has grown from five people in a basement to a vibrant community of engineers, designers, product managers, content curators, and partnerships managers.
Shopkick is an app you can download for free on your mobile phone. You can use it to get points (or kicks as they are called) that you can use to redeem for:
- Gift cards,
- Movie tickets
- iTunes song downloads
- Facebook Credits
They regularly post about specials and competitions in which you can earn bonus kick points. Click here to like them now.
There is, of course, the Shopkick website where you can shop online from home to earn kick points. But to get walk-in kick points, scan and purchase kick points, you will need to download it to your Android devices or iPhone devices.
How To Earn Kick Points?
Walk-in Kick Points
You can earn kick points just by walking in participating stores. The app uses WiFi to detect where you are, your location and rewards you with the kick points to your account automatically. To get walk-in kick points at participating stores, just open the app and walk into the store. Your device will pick up Shopkick’s signal near the entrance and reward you with kick points. You will receive between 30-100 kick points, just for walking into a stores entrance.
Scan Barcodes Of Selected Products
Find selected products in-store then scan the barcode with the in-app scanner. You will probably earn around 10 kick points per scan with no purchase necessary.
Purchase With A Linked Card
Earn kick points for every dollar you spend at select partner stores when you shop with a linked credit card. Link a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card to your Shopkick account, allow 24 hours for the link to process and get kick points when you run a transaction as a credit at participating stores.
*NOTE* Shopkick does not store or display your credit card information, therefore it cannot be lost or stolen. All information is safely stored directly with Visa or MasterCard, not with Shopkick.
How do I link a credit or debit card?
- Tap the profile or menu icon in the top left corner or to access the main menu
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Kicks for Purchases”
- Then tap “Link Card” and choose Visa or MasterCard
You’ll be redirected to Visa or MasterCard’s secure site to complete the process. You will receive up to 200 kick points just for linking a card.
Some information, like your phone number, maybe auto-filled in the linking form. Even if your phone number has changed, please don’t edit any of the auto-filled information it’s how Visa/MasterCard locates your Shopkick record.
Purchase And Submit a Receipt
Purchase select items and submit your receipt through the app to earn kick points.
Visit Online Stores
Earn kick points by visiting online partner stores for offers.
Make Online Purchases
Earn kick points for every dollar you spend when you visit the online partners.
Earn kick points and discover products when you watch in-app videos.
Refer Friends and Family to Shopkick
Earn 50% of the kicks from anyone you refer for 14 days after they have signed up. You can get up to 25,000 kick points from invites, which is equivalent to inviting 100 friends. But Shopkick only offers kick points for the first 100.
You will also get a unique link so you can invite people through social media or emails.
Surprise Kick Points
You can earn kicks by looking through the look books of each participating store and you’ll randomly earn points on different pages.
Some of The Many Shops That Are Partnered With Shopkick
Use your shopping rewards to earn Free Gift Cards to shop at stores including:
& Many More!
What are Kick Points worth?
Most rewards are 250 kick points per dollar.
Most rewards follow this breakdown:
- $2 = 500 kicks
- $5 = 1250 kicks
- $10 = 2500 kicks
- $15 = 3750 kicks
- $25 = 6250 kicks
Redeeming Your Kick Points
The minimum you can redeem is $2 or 500 kick points.
Kicks can be redeemed at the rewards mall for gift cards and items. In general 1 kick = 0.4¢, this means you’ll need 1,250 kicks to be able to redeem a $5 gift card. The redemption rate will be slightly different for items, but the best value is usually from redeeming gift cards.
Shopkick offers the following gift cards:
- Target gift cards (starting at $2 or 500 kicks)
- Aerie gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- American eagle gift card (starting at $2 or 500 kicks)
- Arden B. gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- Fandango gift card (starting at $10 or 2,500 kicks)
- Game stop gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- Papa Johns gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- Sports Authority gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- Toys ‘R’ Us gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- iTunes gift card (starting at $10 or 2,500 kicks)
- Lowe’s gift card (starting at $10 or 2,500 kicks)
- Nike gift card (starting at $10 or 2,500 kicks)
- Sephora gift card (starting at $10 or 2,500 kicks)
- Old Navy gift card (starting at $10 or 2,500 kicks)
- 1-800 flowers gift card (starting at $25 or 6,250 kicks)
- Customized gas gift cards (starting at $10 or 3,400 kicks, note this values your kicks at 0.29¢ each instead of the usual 0.4¢)
- Restaurant.com gift card (starting at $25 or 875 kicks this values your kicks at 2.87¢ each – but restaurant.com gift cards are easily purchased for 20% of their face value)
- Shutterfly gift card (starting at $25 or 6,250 kicks)
- Best Buy gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- Macy’s gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- Starbucks gift card (starting at $5 or 1,250 kicks)
- Coach gift card (starting at $300 or 75,000 kicks)
- Kate Spade gift card (starting at $300 or 75,000 kicks)
- Tiffy & co (starting at $300 or 75,000 kicks)
The Shopkick app has been downloaded over 10,000,000+. See the screenshot below.
That’s a huge amount of downloads. However, there are some positive and negative reviews of the Shopkick App.
As you can see from the graph above the Shopkick App has an overall good rating score. So let’s have a look at some of the positive reviews.
The Shopkick App has an A+ rating on BBB (Better Business Bureau) So that says something about the Shopkick App.
Most of the negative reviews were about glitches with the App. But some were about getting their accounts shut down for no apparent reason. Now while having glitches is very annoying. Being banned from your account can be very frustrating especially if you feel you have abided by the rules.
It seems contacting customer service can be a sheer waste of time as it is almost non-existent. As some reviews have revealed.
- Many ways to earn kick points
- Many partnered stores to choose from
- Easy to download
- BBB rated A+
- Only available in the USA, UK, and Germany (at the time of this review)
- Negative Reviews
- Customer service/support is poor
- Glitches with the software
Shopkick Review – Conclusion
Although the Shopkick App has many issues and glitches it is a legit app that you can use to earn kick points and redeem for gift cards.
The gift cards can then be used in any of Shopkick’s partnered stores to buy a product with it. If the product you want to buy is more expensive than you have in gift cards you can just pay the difference.
For example, if you have a gift card of say $100 and you want to purchase a product that is $129. You will only pay the $29.
See how this lady redeems her Kick Points for a new television. She only paid $6.44 for it on top of her gift cards.
To get up and running follow the 5 simple steps:
1. Download the app for free
2. Walk into stores & open the app to earn your first kicks
3. Find items on the app & scan their barcodes to earn kicks
4. Purchase the items & scan your receipt to earn even more kicks
5. Redeem your kicks for Free Gift Cards
If you use this app as described you should have no problems. It will certainly make a little difference to those items you already buy in saving you some of your hard earned money. You will not get rich by using Shopkick’s App but it is not intended for that purpose anyway.
Do I recommend Shopkick?
How I Make A Passive Income Online
All my reviews are about helping people NOT succumb to get-rich-quick schemes and scams. And my articles are useful information that can help people to become more successful online.
The way I learnt this is by joining an affiliate training program called Wealthy Affiliate. I didn’t become successful overnight and I have (and still do) put a lot of hard work and effort into my business.
If you want to start a successful business online you will for sure need some sort of training and that is where Wealthy Affiliate comes to the fore.
To learn more and take a peek at what you will be getting when you join Wealthy Affiliate click on the free signup link in the box below. You will thank me for it later.
See you on the inside.
I hope you found my Shopkick Review informative enough to give you as much insight as possible so you can make an extremely informed decision when deciding whether or not to download this product.
If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment in the comments area below. Or if you would like to contact me privately you can use the contact me form or the ask me form.